From: Igor Vaynberg [mailto:igor.vaynb...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2013 12:12 PM
To: users@wicket.apache.org
Subject: Re: Wicket 6.x and Repeaters API change to use longs

yes. when i was looking at this i thought about making the dataprovider
paging param ints, but then the long return type didnt make sense.

since count() returns a long its feasible to request offsets in the long
range - eg user presses last page and you actually have more rows then an
int can hold.

so rather then going with a mixed approach that made the code base a big
mess i went with the biggest type everywhere, which is a long.

what i did at my day job is to create an entity data provider that handles
all these inconsistencies and castings and exposes a consistent api to how
our application works...

-igor