I'm trying to figure out
1. How to add class attribute to a link that is clicked.
2. Default homepage class link attribute to be active.

I have look at this forum
http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/How-to-add-and-remove-css-classes-the-right-way-td1868408.html
thinking it would help but I'm still stuck with class not adding to my
links.

I have create a MainMenuPanel to add my navigation bar.

So I was thinking that I needed to add the class via a AjaxLink onClick

It shows the when I click on my link the link has been pressed but can't
seem to have that class attribute "active" added to my link.

I also wanted "active" to be defaulted to my Homepage link so I implemented

But every time I click on the different link it gets initialized. Should I
go about this a different way?

I feel like this should be an easy thing to do but for the life of me can't
seem to get anything working the way I want. Any suggestions would be
helpful.