This is not the java script nor the jQuery mailing list. If you use those
technologies then you should pick up a book or two on them and get familiar
with them.

In the mid time, Wicket is awesome in that it makes things simple for the
developer. Try using an AjaxButton or better yet an AjaxFallbackButton. See the
java doc at:
http://ci.apache.org/projects/wicket/apidocs/6.0.x/org/apache/wicket/ajax/markup/html/form/AjaxButton.html

http://ci.apache.org/projects/wicket/apidocs/6.0.x/org/apache/wicket/ajax/markup/html/form/AjaxFallbackButton.html

For examples see Wicket's website or direct link:
http://www.wicket-library.com/wicket-examples/ajax/form

And if you Google this will pop-up too:
http://www.7thweb.net/wicket-jquery-ui/button/AjaxButtonPage

Have a great day,