Hi all,

since I'm working with Wicket I am a bit confused about the Constructors
of DropDownChoice Class.

DropDownChoice provides Constructors without any Model or ModelObject.
e.g. (id, List choices)

This is logical in an use-case, for instance, having just a page with a
SelectBox and my first click is about to choose something.
And I may do not have any "parent" model object of the page, so I did
not bind my DropDownChoice by PropertyModel expressions.

So, in such cases...

Why Wicket always complaints about "try to set ModelObject of null model"?

Yes, I explicitly decided to use DropDownChoice without a model.
Since nothing is chosen, the model object of the DropDownChoice is null.
The behavior I expect is, the model object is the chosen option (object)
after selecting one.

But it seems, it does not work like this.

Can someone please "light" me. :-)

kind regards
Patrick