Thanks, but it is not the confirmation dialog itself that is the problem, it
is the fact that the browser tries to leave the page.

If I disable the confirmation dialog, all that will happen is that the user
is thrown off the page without any confirmation. That is not what is
intended.

I have not called setResponsePage. All that I have done is overriden the
CloseButtonCallback, and that somehow causes a page switch (with a
confirmation dialog), which it -- in my humbe opinion -- should not.

That is, I am not just getting this annoying confirmation dialog. The user
is also thrown out (login page appears) if leave page is chosen. That is the
main problem. The confirmation dialog is secondary to that.