Html does not support nested forms. Wicket works around this limitation and
allows form nesting. I think it changes the html so that the inner form
tags become span tags. This means that whenever any of the forms needs to
be posted, everything is posted since in the result html there's only one
form element.

Wicket provides some mechanisms so that submitting the outer form submits
(validates and updates models) the inner forms too, whereas submitting an
inner form only validates and updates the model for this inner form.

You can find more details in the wicket free guide (
https://code.google.com/p/wicket-guide) and at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WICKET/Nested+Forms (not sure
how up-to-date is the latter).