You have to setup your mapper as root and keep the old root mapper as a
delegate.
See
https://github.com/apache/wicket/blob/master/wicket-core/src/main/java/org/apache/wicket/protocol/https/HttpsMapper.java?source=c#L54

If your mapper resolves a page for the current url then return
RenderPageRequestHandler(new PageProvider(SomePage.class)).
If there is no match then use the delegate to resolve it.
See
https://github.com/apache/wicket/blob/master/wicket-core/src/main/java/org/apache/wicket/protocol/https/HttpsMapper.java?source=c#L92

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting