Am 29.01.2014 10:22, schrieb Lucio Crusca:
In data mercoledì 29 gennaio 2014 19:06:09, Steve ha scritto:
The difficulty I would think is when you start to split up html files to
seperate sections into their own panels.  If the designer only has a
view of the markup it may not be obvious to them where the subsection of
the html has gone.  Sure you can explain the concept of Panels to them
but to be certain that a certain wicked:id equates to particular panel
type and find the right markup file you need to look at the java code.

The problem is actually even worse than that: the moment I start splitting up HTML files, their web design suite stops recognizing them (I think this is
common to every web design suite out there, no matter which one).
So they are somewhat forced to work without my revision control system,
because they just can't use the files anymore after my edits (unless someone
suggests a better solution).

Maybe I should impose a rigid deadline on HTML modifications, after which they must ask me to edit anything? E.g. they must work on HTML before giving it to
me. After that they can work only on CSS and ask me to edit class="..."
attributes as needed. Is this a reasonable solution? Is that even acceptable
for designers?

Just one thought. Wouldn't it be possible with Wicket, to leave all markup files as entirely "standalone" working (with all resources included) and just add your wicket:tags to the sections Wicket should work on?

Is there really a need of splitting up the markup files?

Eg. if you want to define a Wicket panel, just add your <wicket:panel> ignoring all the other HTML stuff, where the designer builds the panel ignoring all the Wicket stuff (?)