Hi,

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 3:55 PM, Daniel Stoch <daniel.st...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In Wicket 1.4 the last page reference is hold in a session (is it in 6.x
> also?). So after a request has been processed all components and models

Yes. A live instance of the last used page is kept in the http session.
Actually it is a list of page instances.
All instantiated and "touched" pages in a request are saved for faster
retrieval for the next request.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WICKET/Page+Storage

> should be detached, so this last page reference should not hold transient
> LDM values. Is it true?

LDM null-yfies its transien field explicitly:
https://github.com/apache/wicket/blob/master/wicket-core/src/main/java/org/apache/wicket/model/LoadableDetachableModel.java?source=cc#L104

But if your custom model uses transient that is not null-yfied in
onDetach() then it will be kept alive in the http session.

> When we are using DebugBar with SessionSizeDebugPanel, it displays session
> size and totalSize (by SessionTotalSizeModel). Does this totalSize includes
> size of object loaded by LDM or it counts all components and models size in
> detached state?

I have to check what is th difference between size and totalSize, but since
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-4867 the detachable is
detached before measuring its size.