Nevermind.  This secondary issue was caused by one of my many experiments to
solve the original issue.  Further, I also found that if I had needed to do
this, the method to override is getOnClickScript().

I will say, that I am a little uncertain if this new style is a good thing.
Traditionally, Wicket has seemed to work pretty hard to make HTML things
stay in HTML and Java things stay in Java.  I now seem forced to put
javascript code that controls buttons in Java.

I've put javascript in my java before of course, but usually only when the
javascript needed dynamic elements from the server.  Now this seemingly
client-side behavior is pulled into the server.

But my problems is resolved.