I started migrating my code from wicket 1.4.19 to 6. Finally ! :)

I found a FilterToolbar bug:

Once you were able to create DataTable<User> wrapped inside of
FilterForm<UserFilterDto>

currently FilterToolbar requires you for those two types to be identical:

public <T, S> FilterToolbar(final DataTable<T, S> table, final
FilterForm<T> form,
final IFilterStateLocator<T> stateLocator)

It looks like commit 9b3f9ca1df064fe9c6fde64ccc37fecc504b09a6
introduced a bug long time ago and it carried on:

-       public <T> FilterToolbar(final DataTable<?> table, final
FilterForm<T> form,
+       public <T> FilterToolbar(final DataTable<T> table, final
FilterForm<T> form,

FilterToolbar constructor should state:

public <T, F, S> FilterToolbar(final DataTable<T, S> table, final
FilterForm<F> form,
final IFilterStateLocator<F> stateLocator)

cheers.

--
Leszek Gawron