Hi

i 'm new with wicket and after searching a solution to my problem, i couldn't
find any solution
Here is what i want to do.

I would like to build a form where the input type can be textfields,
checkboxes, dropdown, ...
i've seen that some solutions would be to create a new conponent, or to have
multiple containers and set their visibility in java.
however i would like to have something like this :

HTML

<wicket:container wicket:id="listInput">
 <input wicket:id="input"id="whatever" type="text" size="40" />
</wicket:container>

Java

 add(new ListView<Variable<Object>>("listInput", obj.getList())
 {

 protected void populateItem(ListItem<Variable<Object>> item)
 {
 final Variable<Object> var = item.getModelObject();

 if (var.getType().equals("string"))
 {
 item.add( new Textfield (...));
 }
 else if (var.getType().equals("boolean"))
 {
 item.add( new Checkbox (...));

this does not work because i can't had a new checkbox on a component who has a
type=text.

i tried to do something like add(AttributeModifier.replace("type",
"checkbox")); but i couldn't manage to do what i wanted.
If still think that if i don't want to create a component or have multiple
containers in my html, this is what i should use.

if someone could help me to do this that would be great, i'm stuck with this
probleme and i didn't like the solutions that i found.

thank you for taking the time to help me.