Hello Andrea,

Thank you for replying.  In the end I subclassed
JavaScriptUrlReferenceHeaderItem creating my own
AsyncJavaScriptUrlReferenceHeaderItem class

and overrode the

 public void render(Response response);

method, take as a reference the implemenation from
JavaScriptUtils.writeJavaScriptUrl and JavaScriptUrlHeaderItem and simply
adding a async attribute in one of the response.write method calls:

Seems a bit of a brutish way just to add an async attribute.

Is this something that could // should be added to a future release of
wicket, does anyone have any opinion about it?

Cheers
Simon