Sandor,

I have successfully used JMeter on wicket application with proxy server
recording  as well as regex pattern on input for next post/get.

The first thing I would suggest is to trace your request/response. You can
get this info from your browser.
Then record your testing and verify you get similar request/response
content.

Thanks,
-Mihir.