Hi,

You need to use the JavaScript mouseover's event to get the mouse's
coordinates.
In JavaScript this looks like:
var myMouseOverHandler = function(event) {
  var x = event.clientX;
  var y = event.clientY;
  document.getElementById('subImage').src = getSubImage(x, y);
};

In Wicket you can do:

backgroundImage.add(new AjaxEventBehavior("mouseover") {
  @Override
  protected void updateAjaxAttributes(AjaxRequestAttributes attributes) {
    super.updateAjaxAttributes(attributes);
    attributes.getDynamicExtraParameters().add("return [{name: 'x', value:
attrs.event.clientX}, {name: 'y', attrs.event.clientY}]; ");
  }

  @Override
  public void onEvent(AjaxRequestTarget target) {
    IRequestParameters parameters = getRequest().getRequestParameters();
    int x = parameters.getParameterValue("x").toInt(someSaneDefault);
});

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov