I want to use the wicketstuff-restannotations library to implement a restful
web service. It seem very handy and I was able to get the example code
working fine.

To make sure I understood how everything was working and how to access from
another server I used curl from the command line to send an HTTP request.

It worked fine using http with jetty, but when I tried http://localhost:8443
I get  IllegalStateException: STREAMED.

See the details below:

The following works using curl to post:

C:\Software\Curl>curl

-H "Content-Type: application/json"

-d {"name":"Bruce","email":"myacco...@gmail.com","password":"piano"}

http://localhost:8080/personsmanager/createPerson

It returns this:

{"name":"Bruce","email":"myacco...@gmail.com","password":"piano"}

With the following HTTPS curl command I get IllegalStateException: STREAMED
(note: the " -k/ --insecure" switch tells curl not to validate the
certificate since it is not in their list)

C:\Software\Curl>curl

-H -k/ --insecure "Content-Type: application/json"

-d {"name":"Bruce","email":"myacco...@gmail.com","password":"piano"}
https://localhost:8443

/personsmanager/persons

Stacktrace shows:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: STREAMED

                at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.Request.getReader(Request.java:787)

                at
org.wicketstuff.rest.utils.http.HttpUtils.readStringFromRequest(HttpUtils.ja
va:46)

                at
org.wicketstuff.rest.contenthandling.serialdeserial.TextualWebSerialDeserial
.requestToObject(TextualWebSerialDeserial.java:83)

                at
org.wicketstuff.rest.utils.reflection.MethodParameter.deserializeObjectFromR
equest(MethodParameter.java:278)

                at
org.wicketstuff.rest.utils.reflection.MethodParameter.extractParameterFromAn
notation(MethodParameter.java:168)

                at
org.wicketstuff.rest.utils.reflection.MethodParameter.extractParameterValue(
MethodParameter.java:117)

Does this mean that it the restful annotation will not work over https, or
am I doing something wrong?

Bruce