Hi,

You are right!

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 11:11 PM, Guillaume Smet <guillaume.s...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 1:19 PM, Martin Grigorov <mgrigo...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > You can
> > use
> org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.PageRequestHandlerTracker#getFirstHandler()
> > to check what is the requested page in your
> > own org.apache.wicket.settings.def.RequestCycleSettings#getTimeout
>
> Cute trick but it doesn't work: the timeout is determined once and for
> all when the PageAccessSynchronizer is instantiated (see
> Session$PageAccessSynchronizerProvider).
>
> And AFAICS, the PageAccessSynchronizer is too low level to be a good
> place to manipulate the RequestCycle. Or am I wrong?

I'd like to avoid moving the logic that gets the timeout from
Session.PageAccessSynchronizerProvider to PageAccessSynchronizer because
this way it will use Application.get() everytime and most apps don't need
to pay for this.

A way to make it possible for you is to remove the 'final'
from org.apache.wicket.Session#getPageManager and introduce overridable
PageAccessSynchronizer#getTimeout(). This way you can use your own
PageAccessSynchronizer.
http://pastie.org/9667070

Is this good enough ?