Andrea, thanks for jolting my brain; I was a little sleepy this morning.

I was using a subclass of AjaxLink that added confirmation JavaScript as I outlined below. My original HTML was:

    <button wicket:id="foo" type="submit">

The root of the problem is that Wicket kept turning that into:

    <button wicket:id="foo" type="button" id="foo7">

Thus even though I got a confirmation dialog, the FileUpload was never being populated because the form was never being submitted.

It turns out that apparently I have to use a subclass of AjaxSubmitLink rather than AjaxLink if I want the form to actually be submitted, even though I specified type="submit" in the HTML. So my immediate problem is solved.

On a higher level, though, it means that I now have to go create a ConfirmationAjaxSubmitLink along with my ConfirmationAjaxLink. I would have thought/hoped that things like "submission" and "confirmation" were something that could be injected to various components using behaviors rather that subclassing all over the place.

But for now the program is working. Thanks again, Andrea, for asking the right question that made me investigate further in the right spot.

Garret