I am using Wicket 6 REST annotations and want to asynchronously start a process
that writes some logging data to a db. I don’t need the response to wait for
this process. I have tried using threads, but I get the “App not attached to
this thread” exception when I try to use an injected service. This logging
process is a little more complicated than what log4j or loopback can do. The
bottom line is that I do not want the request/response process to have to wait
for the logging process to complete. What is the proper way of doing this in
Wicket 6 using an injected service.

1) Get request
2) Log some data (Do not wait for this to complete)
3) Process request
4) Return response

Thanks,

Warren Bell