On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 4:54 PM, Martin Grigorov <mgrigo...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 4:38 PM, Daniel Stoch <daniel.st...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> In Wicket 1.4 I can get a page parameter value using this code:
>>
>>     PageParameters pageParameters = requestCycle.getPageParameters();
>>     String value = pageParameters.getString(paramName);
>>

>> The problem is that in Wicket 6 there is no equivalent. I have tried
>> with this solution:
>>
>>     IRequestParameters requestParameters =
>> requestCycle.getRequest().getRequestParameters();
>>     String value =
>> requestParameters.getParameterValue(paramName).toString();
>>

> request.getQueryParameters() is the equivalent, but #getRequestParameters()
> would work too because it is a mix of GET and POST parameters

But I think it does not work with UrlPathPageParametersEncoder.

>> but this does not work. These requestParameters does not contain
>> parameters. I think the problem is related to url encoding strategy
>> which is used. My urls are encoded like:
>> somepath/param1/value1/param2/value2
>>

> Check org.apache.wicket.request.mapper.parameter.UrlPathPageParametersEncoder

Ok, but how should I get url argument?
requestCycle.getRequest().getUrl() return null for me.

Another, minor, problem is that with this solution I have a hard coded
page parameters encoder here. In previous version the code can be
universal: it does not matter which encoding strategies page is using.
For now if there will be pages with different encoding strategies this
code stops working.

--
Daniel