On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 12:18 PM, Thorsten Schöning <tschoen...@am-soft.de>
wrote:

> Guten Tag Martin Grigorov,
> am Mittwoch, 21. Januar 2015 um 09:46 schrieben Sie:
>
> > But how would you decide what name to use if you do this in the
> constructor?
> > At that time you don't have access to many things, e.g. the servlet
> context.
>
> I would have implemented a ServletContextListener to create my custom
> name depending on it's dir name and save that statically. Such a
> listener should always be called before the Wicket filter.
>
> > I meant to add your own MBean somewhere in the root.
> > This way it will be easy for you to check the instance "real" name in the
> > JMX viewer
>
> I see, but for that to work I would need more than one wicket specific
> entry in the console and currently I have only one. It's always just
> one "org.apache.wicket.app.WicketFilter", where WicketFilter is the
> name of the filter in web.xml, and not two of them. I guess I only see
> the first recognized or whatever, if I change one name in web.xml, I
> get two entries.

This is a problem that deserves a ticket, IMO.
MyApp#init() method is called *after* the initializers so it would be too
late for changing the name even with Java reflection.
I guess you could override MyApp#internalInit() to set the name (with
reflection) before the initializers, but I'm not sure it will work (I
haven't tried).

If no one else has better idea then I guess we can add the check in
WicketFilter to set the name only if it is not set already.