Hi Martin,
Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I have implemented hashcode and equals on the object, and the Model class
used inside the RefreshingView and the ListModel class that is passed to the
RefreshingView.

In order to be able to display the right number of entries, I clear the list
inside the ListModel and populate it again with  N numbers of initialized
objects. The variables in those objects are all null.

This works on the first run but not on the second.

In stepping through the code with debugger, hashcode and equal are called
only for the the actual object and the model object, not for the ListModel.

Since all objects are empty (no variables have been populated) the models
and the actual objects all return the same hash code.

But this surely is of no relevance since I am using a List, not a set.

I've been looking at this for a while, and perhaps I have lost the sense of
perspective, but I cannot see what I am doing wrong.

Kind regards,
Lucas