> Am 23.01.2015 um 21:24 schrieb Entropy <blmulholl...@gmail.com>:
>
> We have a page where the client has made some odd demands for behavior and I
> need to know if they are possible and if so, how one would do them.
>
> The basic gist is that the user is filling out alot of data and may not know
> it all right away.  So they can enter the record in a sort of "scratch" way,
> leaving fields blank initially.  But, if they enter something, we will apply
> full validation.
>
> However, we want to tell the user that the field is required...but save it
> anyway.  So imagine the user fills out 50% of the fields, sees errors on
> blur for format failures, then hits save.  The form puts yellow warning
> messages on the component feedback panel instead of red error messages
> saying "Field required" or whatever.
>
> But, on the server, as long as all the red validations (the formats) are
> satisfied, we still want to save the record so that the user can come back
> and fill the rest later.
>
> There are several things I don't know how to do here:
> 1) How do I add a different css class to a warning message as opposed to a n
> error.
Just one way would be that you could use behaviors and add them to your form
components and output a message in the style you want.
http://wicket.apache.org/guide/guide/advanced.html
> 2) How do I get control if only warnings are issued so I can save.
There is a validate method you can override for your requirements (see custom
validations)
http://wicket.apache.org/guide/guide/forms2.html
> 3) I still want to show a message up top in the message panel that alerts
> them to look at their controls for warnings/error.

Use the FeebackPanel for this you can add it to the Form:
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.panel.FeedbackPanel