Guten Tag Thorsten Schöning,
am Donnerstag, 5. März 2015 um 18:57 schrieben Sie:

> Looks like I would need something simple like overriding
> FormComponent.getValue, which is final...

I found a simple workaround for me: Override onInvalid and
getInputAsArray, in onInvalid I set an instance flag to note it was
called, call inputChanged and reset the flag. inputChanged calls
getInputAsArray (currently), which I overridden to respect my flag, in
which case I provide my company names instead of the ids. The current
model with ids is available using getConvertedInput and because auf
the validation errors the changed raw input doesn't move forward into
other wicket internals, but only gets rendered in the output.

I know it's hacky, but that's exactly what I need. :-/

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail: thorsten.schoen...@am-soft.de