Hi,

I was going to say that you can use ComponentRenderer for this but looking
at its source [1] I see that we create temporary RequestCycle only for
#renderPage() but not for #renderComponent().
Also there is no way to use Application#get(name).
Please file a ticket for improvement.

In the meantime you can roll your own class by reusing code.

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov