The default model is not used anywhere - even before the responsive image
refactoring - in my first suggestion I wanted to improve Image that the model
is read and set as src if no reference is given - in addition to that I wanted
to add a constructor to also support srcset (also in the source class) e.g.
IModel<?>... srcSetModels.

But as we discussed in the ticket I build up two new components to not handle
this in the normal Image class.

kind regards

Tobias