Thanks for the reply Martin.

Notes:
1. Encoding JSESSIONID in the URL, did not fix the issue for me. Though,
I'll explore this more, maybe something in my environment preventing the
JSESSIONID from URL determining the session.

2. Question >> Got the code for HTTPS and  redirect to pages that need to be
secured over HTTPS (though opposite usecase for this thread). Though , I've
wondered why the extra effort when in web.xml one can mark URL patterns as
Secured and even setup Apache rewrite rules to do the same with more ease.
Any particular reason the Wicket developers thought it necessary to provide
this?

thanks a ton.

-----
Software documentation is like sex: when it is good, it is very, very good; and
when it is bad, it is still better than nothing!