Hi All,

Since wicket 7 I see that index-based methods in MarkupContainer have been
deprecated.

We use those methods in some of our list editors - components that allow
editing of lists of entities inside a form which provides ordering (move an
item up & down).
The beauty of the current methods is that we easily have very fast re-renders
of complex editors, since we can swap the items on the server-side, and swap
them on the client side too, and don’t have to rerender the entire list
component.

I know wicket 8 is quite a while away still, but would like to know what the
preferred way of building such editors will be when wicket 8 comes out.
Since it will not be possible anymore to access elements by index and swap
them, the only alternative we see is to re-render the entire list component -
which means it will also have to be a “soft” form submit to not lose any input.

Any ideas?

Met vriendelijke groet,
Kind regards,

Bas