Please refer the below formatted code snippet.

I'm setting selectedRow value in page creator and expecting the same
in window close call back (Line number 24), I tried with the Inter
component communication examples as you suggested. But I don't know how to
update the selectedRow in line #24 with onEven(IEvent<?> event).

Paste Bin URL: http://pastebin.com/Y2KA2LNn

   1.
   2. public class FieldSearchTextField  extends MaskedTextField{
   3.    ResultRow selectedRow;
   4.
   5.    /* other business code here*/
   6.
   7.    /*   page creator */
   8.   modalWindow.setPageCreator (new ModalWindow.PageCreator() {
   9.      public Page createPage() {
   10.      FieldSearchModalPage casePartyModalPage = new
    FieldSearchModalPage(searchOption, modalWindow){
   11.    @Override
   12.      public void updateValue(ResultRow row, AjaxRequestTarget
   target) {
   13.           selectedRow = row; /* selectedRow is not null here*/
   14.           getPageReference().getPage().send( getPage(),
   Broadcast.BREADTH,new   GridValueChangeEvent(target));
   15.                }
   16.              }
   17.            }
   18.          }
   19.
   20.    /* window close call back*/
   21.     modalWindow.setWindowClosedCallback(new
   ModalWindow.WindowClosedCallback()  {
   22.      @Override
   23.      public void onClose(AjaxRequestTarget target)    {
   24.     /* how to get the selectedRow value here????? */
   25.      onFieldSearchWindowClose(selectedRow, target);*// selectedRow
   is null here.*
   26.       }
   27.      }
   28.
   29.  /*onEvent implementation*/
   30.     @Override
   31.     public void onEvent(IEvent<?> event) {
   32.         super.onEvent(event);
   33.         if(event.getPayload() instanceof GridValueChangeEvent) {
   34.             GridValueChangeEvent gridValueChangeEvent =
   ((GridValueChangeEvent) event.
   35.                     getPayload());
   36.             gridValueChangeEvent.getTarget().add(this);
   37.         }
   38.     }
   39.   /* Grid value change event class*/
   40.    public class GridValueChangeEvent {
   41.         private final AjaxRequestTarget target;
   42.
   43.         public GridValueChangeEvent(AjaxRequestTarget target) {
   44.             this.target = target;
   45.         }
   46.         public AjaxRequestTarget getTarget() {
   47.             return target;
   48.         }
   49.      }
   50.