Guten Tag Thorsten Schöning,
am Samstag, 14. Mai 2016 um 19:26 schrieben Sie:

> [...]instead I would like to have one
> place, e.g. "resultsContainer" itself, to process the markup in such a
> way that this parent container of all markup generates unique ids,
> changes the "headers" references to those ids and afterwards Wicket
> proceeds with markup processing fully transparent.

Hi,

I seem to have a working PoC overriding Component.getMarkup, by
converting the given markup of the super class to a string, replacing
some parts of it and creating a new IMarkupFragment instance. The most
tricky part of this is that one really needs to create a
MarkupFragment instance, not Markup, even though both implement the
same interface:

> Markup          newMarkup       = Markup.of(stringifiedNew);
> IMarkupFragment retVal          = new MarkupFragment(newMarkup, 0);

While this seems to work, it's not as elegant as I hoped because one
needs to override getMarkup. So next I will have a look at extending
AbstractTransformerBehavior with its "tranform" method. It reads as
well like what I would like to have, only after all processing by
Wicket has happends. Shouldn't make any difference for me, though.

https://ci.apache.org/projects/wicket/apidocs/7.x/org/apache/wicket/markup/transformer/AbstractTransformerBehavior.html#transform(org.apache.wicket.Component,%20java.lang.CharSequence)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--