It's "just" models that automatically return a service type from the
osgi service registry, so for example the

AbstractDetachableServiceModel<T extends Object, E extends Object>
This model makes it easier to work with OSGi services in Wicket. It is
a LoadableDetachableModel that loads data via a Service accuired from
the Service Registry.

Where T is the service class and E are the return Object

It also have nice error handling if the service are unavailable..

Of course it's still possible to use @Inject as normally. Or mix them,
I'd personally prefer only one style per bundle though..