There is no intermediate page. I did not see anything in between the
current page to the targeted page.

When I'm running my application in wicket 1.4.x with the below code it
gives correct width and height, also it returns true for isJavaEnabled().

Wicket1.4.x: int width = ((WebClientInfo)
getRequestCycle().getClientInfo()).getProperties().getBrowserWidth();