Hi Tom,

The problem really is in wicket-websocket-jquery.js.
It does: url = protocol + '//' + document.location.host + WWS.contextPath +
WWS.filterPrefix + '/wicket/websocket';

A workaround for you is to add url rewrite rule to Nginx to forward it to
Tomcat.

Please file an issue at JIRA and I'll see how this could be improved.

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov