This may not be the issue, but it's good practice to always include an
onError method in the anonymous class. Once you add that, put a break
point there & see what turns up.

From:   Entropy <blmulholl...@gmail.com>
To:     users@wicket.apache.org
Date:   02/15/2017 11:55 AM
Subject:        AjaxSubmitLink not working

This email originated from outside of the company.  Please use discretion
if opening attachments or clicking on links.

I have a header links section in my header that must build in a dynamic
way.

                                 AjaxSubmitLink link = new
AjaxSubmitLink(linkName, formToSubmit) {
                                                 @Override
                                                 public void
onSubmit(AjaxRequestTarget target, Form form) {
                            //control never gets here.
                                                 }
                                 };

That is being built in a function call that is called from a loop (though
don't think that matters).  The HTML (of one example):

&lt;li wicket:id="contactLi"&gt;&lt;a wicket:id="contactLink"
href="/contact"&gt;Contact Information&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/li&gt;

In the wicket ajax debug window, I am getting this:

INFO: focus removed from

INFO: focus set on startLinkc

INFO: Received ajax response (69 characters)

INFO:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><ajax-response></ajax-response>

INFO: Response processed successfully.

INFO: refocus last focused component not needed/allowed

Implying that it ran, but did nothing?  There are no validators in place
(yet) on the form.