8.0.0-SNAPSHOT uses https://github.com/openjson/openjson
But AFAIK the problem is not fixed there. If you have time to debug why it
works it would be helpful!
Mikhail is going to implement the missing #put(String, Collection|Map)
methods and make a release. Then we will update all branches!

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov