Hi,

There were discussions about dropping the whole wicket-datetime module.
Some people prefered to keep it but update to Java 8 APIs.

With https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-6105 I've tried but it
was so simple. You are welcome to finish the work!

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov