As a follow up:

Is there a way to test the back-button (without firing up jetty and
resorting to selenium / htmlunit)?

btw: I know WicketTester has trimmed-down versions of certain components
(MockApplication(), MockPageManager etc).  Maybe there is an implementation
that keeps track of the pages so I might implement a MyWicketTester.back()?

Thanks!
-Rob