On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 4:17 PM, Rakesh A <iamrakes...@rediffmail.com> wrote:

> Actually, we've bit more complex scenario I should say; we've multiple
> webapps running on tomcat with SSO valve configured; which means logout on
> one application kills the session on other applications and we've session
> implementation class with logout & session invalidation handling.
> In both cases logout/invalidate, we try to do some cleanup (at a high level
> both call one method), which has this check 'isSessionInvalidated()' before
> proceeding with cleanup.

You didn't answer my question (or I didn't understand your answer).
Why do you need to use "isSessionInvalidated()" in your cleanup method ?
Is the cleanup method called in some other cases ? If it is just called by
logout/onInvalidate then there is no need to check "isSessionInvalidated()".

But I agree that isSessionInvalidated should be improved to return true if
there is no RequestCycle. If there is no RequestCycle then there is no
Request, so there is no Session. But then the name would be confusing - one
cannot be sure whether there was no session on first place or it has been
invalidated.
In any case this method is public and there is nothing saying that it is an
internal API, so there should not be any assumptions.