Hi Sven,

well, the problem here are our clever webbots - especially bing and even worse
google :)

See, bingbot or googlebot index now e.g.:
(derived from wicket examples)

www.domain.com/choice

and a load of bullshit like

choice?2-1.IBehaviorListener.0-form-makes
choice?2-1.IBehaviorListener.0-form-go
[add here sometimes 100's of further ajax links]

that now lead to having indexed many many pages that nearly cant be taimed;
Even using robots.txt or their webmastertools makes this a nightmare as the
potential namings you can manually fix are in the hundreds or thousands;

If all wicket things would be behind an parameter e.g:
?wicketHandling=2-1.IBehaviorListener.0-form-makes
?wicketHandling=2-1.IBehaviorListener.0-form-go

you could just concentrate on that parameter and save literally many many hours
of work and seo complaints :)

IMHO this was standard up to wicket 1.4 in a way that all those page and
component info was put to a certain wicket interface root path e.g:
?wicket:interface=:0:::: and that allowed much easier taming of these problems
than its currently for me;

Best,

KB