Hi,

I'm trying to write a new Wicket application, and I wanted to use CSP for added security. It seems like that there are two main issues: * Wicket's AJAX support is highly dependent on inline and eval'd JavaScript code
* component visibility is controlled using inline styles

Is WICKET-5406 going to get some traction anytime soon, or are there known workarounds for the above issues (like a CSP friendly AJAX implementation)?

Alternatively, I was thinking of a couple of ways to overcome these issues, like: * trying to use one-off resource references (if possible?) for individual requests, so that instead of eval'ing, the code could be just simply loaded instead? * have a way to generate and retrieve nonces for inline resources and make sure that Wicket sets the CSP header on its own. * update Wicket itself to use text/json script elements to load its configuration and pass JSON objects only for AJAX responses, so that they no longer need to be eval'd.

Are these approaches any good?

Thanks,
Peter