Here is the JIRA [1]

I was able to reproduce this issue running one of our tests in a bash loop
Original 8.2.0-SNAPSHOT usually hang on <10th iteration

After this [1] fix, it flawlessly works 201 iterations
I would appreciate if you can review/test these changes

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-6603
[2] https://github.com/apache/wicket/pull/300