Use mvn dependency:tree to capture your actual classpath before and after
the upgrade; this should help you identify where the clash is in your
classpath.  You can then use exclusions or dependencyManagement to pick up
the correct version.  I use IntelliJ and the "Maven Helper" plugin is
invaluable for finding conflicts; I think that Eclipse has something
similar built-in.

HTH