Hi Manfred,

Sorry, my previous answer was incomplete.
Kendo components do usually have two methods for ajax, #reload and #refresh.
Reload aims to reload the component (ie reattach to the dom) while refresh
aim to refresh the data only.
IIRC, grid and chart are different in the sense that grid does have its
datasource aware of the request cycle so it is safe to reattach/reload the
component, the datasource will be destroyed from the dom. That's
unfortunately not the case of the chart (you can open an issue, I can try
to figure out if it's achievable).
One nice way to refresh the data without having the reload/reattach the
component is to use the event bus. Your master page/component will
send/broadcast a RefreshEvent or RefreshChatEvent that will be catched by
the component hosting the chart (or the chart itself if you have overriden
it). Then just call refesh...

Thanks and best regards,
Sebastien