Hi,

I am *still* trying to troubleshoot why migrating to 9.4 we have found that
our app no longer supports session failover correctly. We use Redission to
store the tomcat session in Redis.

After a lot of debugging it appears that for
AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior.onEvent() calls,
HttpSessionStore.flushSession() is never called after. And changes to the
model are not persisted in the HTTP Session and into Redis backed store.
The reason is setAttribute is never called on the session and therefore the
updated session with good model values is never persisted. And when the
next call arrives, the page is pulled back out of Redis/Http session
without the changes.

I had to do the following to get the wicket session to be stored in the
session within our Application:

ISerializer serializer = new JavaSerializer(getApplicationKey());
getFrameworkSettings().setSerializer(serializer);
getStoreSettings().setAsynchronous(false);
setPageManagerProvider(new DefaultPageManagerProvider(this) {
            protected IPageStore newCachingStore(IPageStore pageStore)
        {
        return new CachingPageStore(pageStore, new InSessionPageStore( 2,
serializer));
        }
        });

The objects are updated in the session page object instance correctly with
AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior , however this issue is they are never
saved/persisted as setAttribute is not called. So the next request comes
and a new page object instance is unserialized from the store without the
changes.

Is this a bug?