On Nov 9, 2007, at 6:09 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>>> For MSSQL to work I had to create my own xwiki.hbm.xml, the default
>>> one
>>> didn't work.
>>
>> would be nice if you could contribute it.
>
> Of course, here it is. I actually wanted to provide a complete
> patch, but
> I couldn't yet figure out how put the changes to hibernate.cfg.xml
> into
> the source. Here's what I added manually:
>

> <!-- MSSQL configuration -->
> <property
> name="connection.url">jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://some.sql-swerver.com:
> 1433/XWiki;tds=8.0;lastupdatecount=true</property>
> <property name="connection.username">xwikiuser</property>
> <property name="connection.password">xwikipassword</property>
> <property
> name="connection.driver_class">net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver</
> property>
> <property name="dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.SQLServerDialect</
> property>
> <mapping resource="xwiki.mssql.hbm.xml"/>
> <mapping resource="feeds.hbm.xml"/>
>

> If you commit this, please send me note with the revision number.

What would be nice is if you could edit the installation page and add
instructions to set up MSSQL (same as what exists for other DBs). You
could attach you hibernate file to the page (as it's done for some DBs
too).

Later on we could commit in xwiki when others have tested it works
fine for them.

Thanks a lot!