Hi all,

In most of my tools, a user selection dropdown is used to allow someone
to be picked as a "owner" of a task, or assignement, etc.  With a large
volume of users (often with same first names), I can't use either login
name (which is based on our network login); or the user's first name
alone.
Since 1.0, I've been making use of the following query (in a db list):
select firstname.value || ' ' || lastname.value from BaseObject obj,
StringProperty firstname, StringProperty lastname where
obj.className='XWiki.XWikiUsers' and firstname.id.id=obj.id and
lastname.id.id=obj.id and firstname.name='first_name' and
lastname.name='last_name' order by firstname.value

The "|| '' ||" option joins up firstname.value and lastname.value fairly
neatly, so people can select the correct person...

In 1.2rc1 it does not return users at all.  Is this something that's
been locked down on 1.2rc1?
Brandon Esbach
Software Engineer
Wireless Systems Segment