Hi Robert, if you take a look at the rss feed url without the ?xpage=rdf
in editing mode, as suggested by Guillame, you should see the page
XWiki.WebRssCode is include, taking a look at it will show you that
access rights are taken into account:

#if($xwiki.hasAccessLevel("view", "${context.database}:${currentdoc.fullName}"))

the problem AFAIK is the call to the caching service
$context.setCacheDuration(1800) at the beginning of the page, commenting
it (i.e. ##$context.setCacheDuration(1800) ) should solve your problem.

On Mon, 2007-12-24 at 12:41 +0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi Robert, as everything else in XWiki RSS feeds are generated through
> scripts. The easier way to stop them is to delete their pages (remove
> ?xpage=rdf at the end of the feed url to access the wiki page
> underneath). Then you can either delete the page or try to play with
> it in wiki edition mode to add velocity hasAdmin checks for instance.
> My knowledge of XWiki scripting alas isnt good enough to provide you
> with the precise modification to make there. Hope this helps,
> Guillaume
>
> On 23/12/2007, Robert Hercz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > It seems that the RSS feed publishes whatever is changed, even from Spaces
> > which are non-public. This means that anyone subscribing to RSS feeds will
> > get document titles of new/changed pages, even if they are not among the
> > users who have the right to view the pages.
> >
> > Is this a "feature" in XWiki, i.e. that all changes are published
> > indiscriminately if RSS is available?
> >
> > If so, is there a way to disable RSS and/or to decide which page changes
> > should be published?
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Robert

Marco

=====
"We know nothing
 — that is the first point.
Therefore we should be very modest
 — that is the second.
That we should not claim to know when we do not know
 — that is the third."

 Karl R. Popper