Just a thought:

Perhaps XWiki should either allow users to edit a page with the wiki editor
or the WYSIWYG editor BUT NOT BOTH and not provide translation between them.
My reasoning is:
* that swapping between the editors can mess up the formatting - which
annoys users no end.
* the WYSIWYG wiki output can sometimes be hard to read and even unreadable!
* the WYSIWYG could then provide additonal formatting not currently
supported by the wiki markup more easily (in HTML directly)
* first time users get confused with the two editors and swapping between
them and they'd prefer the WYSIWYG editor as long as it didn't mess up their
formatting

Of course it would also be useful to provide some means via the WYSIWYG
editor to add velocity, groovy code, HTML, etc to the page to retain the
freedom and flexibility of the wiki editor.

What do people think?

Regards,

Richard

Thales UK Ltd (Wells) DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this e-mail
is confidential. It may also be legally privileged. It is intended only for
the stated addressee(s) and access to it by any other person is
unauthorised. If you are not an addressee, you must not disclose, copy,
circulate or in any other way use or rely on the information contained in
this e-mail. Such unauthorised use may be unlawful. We may monitor all
e-mail communications through our networks. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please inform us immediately on +44 (0) 1749 672081 and delete it
and all copies from your system. We accept no responsibility for changes to
any e-mail which occur after it has been sent.  Attachments to this e-mail
may contain software viruses which could damage your system.  We therefore
recommend you virus-check all attachments before opening. A business of
Thales UK Ltd. Registered Office: 2 Dashwood Lang Road, The Bourne Business
Park, Addlestone, Weybridge, Surrey KT15 2NX Registered in England No.
868273