Gaëtan GUYODO wrote:
> I can test it with Active Directory, I'll do that asap.
> Question about java : the latest change is LDAPAuthenticater.java (47
> kb) 18/jun/2007. How can I compile to have the jar file ?
Hi all,

I've managed to reference all the required classes but Cache. There is a
Cache.class included in XWiki-1079, so I am guessing this is the class
we must reference. All the others are included in jar files distributed
with XWiki but ldap.jar coming from
novell-jldap-devel-2007.10.12-1unix.zip. It can be downloaded from
http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/Jldap

Here the error message I get when I run javac...

sh-3.2# javac -cp
/Library/Tomcat/webapps/xwiki/WEB-INF/lib/xwiki-core-1.2-rc-1.jar:/Library/Tomcat/webapps/xwiki/WEB-INF/lib/commons-lang-2.1.jar:/Library/Tomcat/webapps/xwiki/WEB-INF/lib/commons-logging-1.1.jar:/Library/Tomcat/webapps/xwiki/WEB-INF/lib/ldap-UNKNOWN.jar:/Library/Tomcat/webapps/xwiki/WEB-INF/lib/ldap-UNKNOWN.jar:/Library/Tomcat/webapps/xwiki/WEB-INF/lib/ldap.jar:/Library/Tomcat/webapps/xwiki/WEB-INF/lib/securityfilter-2.0.jar:/Library/Tomcat/webapps/xwiki/WEB-INF/classes/com/xpn/xwiki/ldap/authentication/cache.jar

LDAPAuthenticater.java
LDAPAuthenticater.java:61: cannot find symbol
symbol  : class Cache
location: class com.xpn.xwiki.ldap.authentication.LDAPAuthenticater
    protected static Cache<String, HashMap<String,String>> cache = new
Cache<String, HashMap<String,String>>(21800, 0);
                     ^
LDAPAuthenticater.java:61: cannot find symbol
symbol  : class Cache
location: class com.xpn.xwiki.ldap.authentication.LDAPAuthenticater
    protected static Cache<String, HashMap<String,String>> cache = new
Cache<String, HashMap<String,String>>(21800, 0);
                                                                       ^
Note: LDAPAuthenticater.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Note: LDAPAuthenticater.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
2 errors
sh-3.2#

I've tried by creating a cache.jar file including only Cache.class, but
it didn't work.

As you can see, I am not a Java guru! Please, could anybody help with
this issue? How must I reference Cache.class?

We can not go ahead with XWiki without a fully functional LDAP
authentication service. So I must find a way of helping with this.

Any help will be welcome! Thanks.

--
Ricardo Rodríguez
Your XEN ICT Team