Hassan,

My quick and best solution was to use the proxy for that.
And I know mod_jk can also be used for that.
Anything that bears the URL <approot>/skins can be statically served.

I'm still bitten by one image which indeed shows me this behaviour and I find it very irritating. (just do several reload on http:// i2geo.net/).

I'm afraid XWiki gurus will answer us... "hey, it's all the fault of Tomcat".

Alternative solutions more than welcome!
I could not, yet, find a detailed list of all the "static URLs" for XWiki, this would be more than welcome, I just have skins there yet.

paul